Note: 6mm width kapton tape will be in stock in a few days. (updated on June 1, 2011)
It's must have tape for RepRap builder.
Kapton Tape provide an excellent balance of electrical, mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties over a wide range of temperatures, It can be used in applications that temperatures up to 260°C (500°F). Designed for high temperature masking applications, including the protection of printed circuit board gold finger contacts during wave soldering
It is made from DuPont Kapton™ HN general purpose film. It has been used in applications at temperatures as low as -269°C (-452°F) and as high as 400°C (752°F). Kapton® HN is the recommended choice for applications that require al polyimide film with an excellent balance of properties over a wide range of temperatures.
• Ideal for wave soldering, insulating circuit boards and high temperature powder coating;
• Has high dielectric strength;
• Silicone adhesive protection without leaving a residue;
• Temperature up to 500°F/260°C;
• Conform to MIL-P-46112, TYPE I